[Imc-radio] radio this week

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 10 23:10:40 CST 2004

Scott and Sarah: Can you meet me at the IMC to record your headlines for
this week on Sunday at 10am?

Anyone else...Can you come up with any stories. I had hoped to do a story on
the 3 suicides in 7 months at the county jail. I don't think though that the
police reports on the June and July suicide have been released. I went by
and filled out a freedom of info act, which will produce them (or not)
within 7 days. I'd like to wait til I have them to do the story. But I could
make it into a story as it is, if need be. If this is all we have, can
anyone help with research... finding statistics on suicides in prisons and
jails; finding studies on causes, etc. (All web research).

Has anyone seen any intersting point of view published on a email list, or
somewhere (local) that could be turned into a "citizens speak" piece?

Do we want to make a short and quick story on Books to Prisoners, gathering
audio from the Packathon on Sunday?

Or, I actually have some audio from a presentation on alternative voting
(instant runoff voting) -- if someone could do a little more research and
make a story on that.

Let me know you ideas and if you have any interest in helping out with any
of these possibilites.

There is a possibility that the person Todd Satterthwaite is appointing in
ward 7 may not be approved. She has NEVER voted in a municiple election!!!
We could try to do an interview with her.

Let me know if you have any story ideas of your own.

We have a soundbite, that didn't play last week and can air this week.
Laura, what is the topic (after first ladies)?

Sandra