[Imc-radio] radio Tuesday

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 28 08:29:48 CST 2004

Sorry I have been neglectful of getting minutes out.  We are meeting and
producing the IMC Radio News and making progress with positive planned
changes. Read below for an update or come to the Radio meeting today at noon
at the IMC to put in your two cents worth.

Minutes 12/23 Sandra A, Scott, Dave B, Sarah L and Sooz K.
Sandra was to produce 12/27 and 1/3 (dave stepped up and helped on 12/27)

We have now made four shows to use as our demo shows to try to get the show
carried on other radio stations. These four still need editing, to get more
"credits" in them and to get the WEFT disclaimer, etc out. But they are
made!

Dave has managed to get our website up and to upload the current weeks show
in segments and in whole. He is going to try next to keep the archive in
segments also. (that way local headlines, regional news, global news can be
uploaded by anyone who wants to rebroadcast just a portion of the show. We
are going to try to have these be consistant in availablity and length --
perhaps)

Sandra is still very interested in getting IMCRN broadcase on UPTV channel
6. She needs to find someone who could make a 1/2 hour standard video that
plays each week (same each week) with the audio and would be able to get
them in a format (VHS or DVD) so that UPTV could broadcast each week. Anyone
???

Dave told us how to take extraneous noise out after bumping up the volume.
Could he write this out , post it and put in the production room?

Scott is going to Egypt and is going to take a recorder and try to make a
stand alone piece for that. Perhaps for FSRN to use during a holiday break,
etc.

Sarah is going to do a piece on Tag, (teen awareness group)  transgender,
and an interview with her uncle Daniel Lazar regarding an interview he wrote
for the Nation.

Other upcoming: Counter Inagural Jan 20.
Roe V. Wade week Jan 24.

Sooz on Community Arts Center called Open Source
Scott on East Central IL Regugee Center

submitted,
Sandra