[Imc-radio] Radio Minutes 02/03/2004

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Tue Feb 3 18:43:21 CST 2004

Attending: Zach, Danielle, Sandra, Carol

Zach will try to upload last week's and this week's radio show. If
uploading via website works then producer each week will be
responsible for upload.

Outreach/Apprenticeships -

FSRN Headlines -

Feb 9th - Danielle and Sandra (looking for apprentice)
	education and incarceration conference.
	Sandra will be done by Thursday, Danielle will get an
	apprentice, and work on headlines. Sandra will do a feature.

        Sandra has two possible citizen speaks. From the UCIMC website
        - Janet's boob and the MoveOn controversy. A guy from texas
        who wrote this analysis can read it over the phone. 3-4 minutes,
        and another 3-4 minute commentary from Ben Grosser.

        How long should commentaries be in general? 3 or 4 minutes? 7
        minutes for 3 commentaries with intro and such.

  	The texas guy will upload his audio to our website. Sandra
  	will work with Ben. We'll make both commentary pieces.

Feb 16th - Zach is producing. Ondine is doing a piece. Ondine wants to
interview Danielle. Maybe Wendy Edward (hey wendy, you're on the list
right?) who has expressed an interest in technical production could
help Ondine produce her piece. Are these two things the same piece?
Interview head of the residents council at lake side terrace could be
an interesting interviewee. Carol Spindel (anti-chief) is a cool
person. Wireless is a story for sure. RFU might be a story. Resource
and Action Group of Girlz (and Womyn) is a story.

Feb 23rd - Danielle is coordinating. Parkland's discrimination against
homeschoolers. Can Sarah coordinate this instead? Danielle will call
her and work it out.

Bill Taylor has a piece that needs some translation
overdubbed. Pauline Bartelone might be able to help us with this (but
we probably don't need that). Zach will contact him
(btaylor at prairienet.org) to schedule some production. This is an
evergreen.

Danielle has a 5-6 minute piece with Brandon about how the Iowa caucus
(with Dean) worked. Could we tie this in to Bush pushing for a caucus
system in Iraq?

We should try to do a story about Obama and the democratic Senate race
in general before March 7.

Demonstration in Chicago on Feb 14th at noon at some archbishops
house?

Next week we need to discuss calendar, free speech radio news, npr.

FSRN - Danielle wants a list to give to FSRN.

We need to figure out how to coordinate website, public i, radio better.

Sarah shows up at the end and wants to apprentice with Danielle. Feb
8th will be the production day of doom. 3pm.

We need to schedule Sound Forge II training. Zach and Danielle - Let's
do this March 14th @ 2pm.