[Imc-radio] Zach??] Upload IMCRN

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Fri Feb 20 17:24:08 CST 2004

The IMCRN for 2/16/2004 is now online at:
http://www.ucimc.org/newswire/display/15883/index.php
http://www.ucimc.org/usermedia/audio/3/IMCRN_2-16-04.mp3

IMCstas: File uploads for large files, such as full radio shows, is
now functional on groogroo.

Clint: I modified the following php.ini, I don't know which one did
the trick.

max_execution_time = 1200
memory_limit = 60M
post_max_size  = 50M
upload_max_filesize = 50M

Also I noticed that "max_execution_time" in the old php.ini was
mispelled as "mxax_execution_time".
               ^

I would think that it was the max_execution_time that was the problem
except that I only noticed and fixed the mispelling AFTER I got the
upload to work properly. So I THINK that directive was probably
defaulting to 30 seconds all along and yet somehow worked with all the
other above settings set as they are. So perhaps it was the memory
thing, maybe the whole upload needs to be held in memory (the old
memory setting was 12M) because both post_max and upload_max were at
20M which should have been enough. Curious. But it works anyway.