[Imc-radio] Today's show

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Mon Jan 12 10:56:07 CST 2004

Hello,

	I spent time yesterday interviewing Anna and her husband Wayne
regarding his history with Intel, as well as recording Anna reading
her translations of Russian poetry.

	At this point, after listening to the audio a great deal, I am
unable to see how to produce it into a radio show that will fit our
format, both in terms of time length and content.  The story is
interesting, but I didn't do a particularly good job of interviewing,
and so the audio wanders a lot (all 1.75 hours of it.)  In addition,
there isn't a lot of coherency to it, partially because I wasn't doing
a good job of directing the interview, partially because the story
spans so many years, and partially because I wasn't sure how to focus
the interview.

	I encourage other people to take a listen to the audio, which
is on \\Rosa\E\\My Documents\Clint.  If someone finds a way to produce
it, we could use it for a future show.  Alternatively, someone could
meet with Anna and Wayne and try to figure out where to take the story
with a new interview.  In order to fit our format, some discussions
need to happen about what the key elements of the story are.

	I apologize for the late notice.  The audio was only recorded
yesterday, and the show airs today, so the window was pretty small.

	For today's show, we'll instead have an interview with Diedra
Cobb, a community member and SDASer who is in the Army and who
attempted to file for conscientious objector status, and was rejected.

			-Clint