[Imc-radio] Today's show

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 13 14:57:56 CST 2004

I think one of the major problems in trying to tell this story, from
what I've heard so far, is that it is just too big to try to cover all
of it at once. I would suggest to Anna that she should concentrate on
just 3 important points in order to do them justice. Trying to tie the
whole thing up in less than a half hour (assuming we would devote most
of a show to it) seems to be an impossibility.

Zach's first point about IMC reporters taking their own initiative on
this can't be emphasized enough. The credibility of this story rests on
the skill placed into telling it by those who know it best, rather than
thinking that somehow if someone from the IMC can be browbeaten into
covering it that it will all be resolved.

I would suggest that the best place to start is for Anna or her husband
to write a piece and post it to the Newswire. This will help the process
of focusing the story enough to be workable for the radio.

I overheard some of Anna's discussion yesterday at the IMC about this.
No one at the IMC is part of a conspiracy to bury this story. It's just
that it currently is in a very problematic form that sprawls about with
little focus. It is next to impossible for such a story to either be
good radio or an aid to bringing some justice and closure in its present
form. I know this may be difficult for Anna to understand, but she does
her cause no help by insisting that it doesn't need more work to make it
more effective. The best thing that would aid this is to concentrate on
documentation from sources other than herself that support her points.
Unfortunately, injustice is rarely resolved based on only the claims by
a person that they've been wronged -- I've been through this myself and
can't emphasize enough the need to concentrate on corroborating
evidence, rather than repetitious, but unsupported, insistence that
someone has been wronged.
MIke Lehman