[Imc-radio] Re: [Imc-newsroom] anniversary poster

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Sun Jan 18 19:21:39 CST 2004

The U-C IMC Radio Group

The Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center Radio Group produced IMC
Radio News weekly for WEFT 90.1FM, our local community radio
station. IMC Radio News is also syndicated on several other low power
community stations around the state. News pieces produced by Radio
Group members have also been featured nationally on Free Speech Radio
News, National Native News, and other programs. The IMC Radio News is
the oldest and longest running project of the UC-IMC.

To get involved:

Come to our meetings!  The radio group meets Tuesdays at 5:30pm.

You can be a radio producer or reporter without coming to the
meetings. Send an email to radio at ucimc.org to find out how!

What you can do in the Radio Group:

Suggest news program ideas about local events or world events with a
local bent.

Interview community members that make a difference.

Learn or Teach audio production skills.

Be a technical producer for a week.

Volunteer to cover a "beat" every week.

Produce and air a feature about something that interests you.

Tell your story.

Compile and Coordinate headlines.

Do voiceovers.

Airshift the news program at WEFT.

Help keep the production room clean and organized.

Help document the production process.

Maintain the radio group's web archive of programs.

Facilitate a weekly meeting.

Help with outreach to get new reporters and producers.