[Imc-radio] stories for this week

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 14 21:18:34 CDT 2004

Hi all,

Dave wants to produce a story for this week and he was looking for
suggestions. Danielle is producing so we need to communicate between the
parties.

Idea one. We wanted at least a headline on the two suicides that have taken
place in the past 3 weeks at the county jail. This could acutally be a story
if Dave wants to develope it. It is my understanding that it is being
investigated by the Urbana Police Department. I want to know if they
interviewed inmates in their investigation. If the cororner has definitely
ruled it as sucide. I want to know from some kind of expert, how you could
strangle yourself with a metal telephone cord. I want to know how long the
telephone cord was.  I want to know how many suicides there were in Illinois
jail/ prisons in the last year. and nationally... and what is the procedure
for investigating them.

I would be glad to help with this... if you want to pursue it.

Idea two. We want a story on the delay of Urbana Cable commission
considering airing Democracy Now!. I called the mayor to get an appointment
to do a telephone interview today. He is really busy working on a "project"
and may not be able to give me a 10 minutes interview this week. We could
still do the story. Danielle has the details. I will try to interview the
commissioner tomorrow. (The one whose name Danielle gave me.) DAve could
work with Danielle on this.

Idea three. You tell us... Do you have a story yet???

Ondine... if you are reading this. Would you be able to do an interview
soon. We were thinking with Leigh Estebrook regarding libraries and the
Patriot Act. She wrote an article for the Public i several issues back that
you could use as research.

SAndra