[Imc-radio] Trouble-shooting results

herringb at prairienet.org herringb at prairienet.org
Thu Jul 15 22:07:51 CDT 2004

Hi Neigbors

We now have both speakers working in the Production Room.

The problem seems to be the stereo cable labelled as "OUT to Amp VCR1"
from the back of the EDIROL.  It has a short in it, especially on the RED
side.  Dave and I rigged it up so the right speaker (just above Rosa's
screen) is sitting on top of the cable itself, holding it in place so that
there's no weight pulling on it.

If speakers are not working or only half-working, try jiggling that cable
at its connection to the EDIROL, or (if you're feeling generous) go to
C.V. Llyode's in downtown Champaign and ask at the counter for:

A 6 ft. stereo HOSA cable--1/4 inch male to RCA male.

And replace the existing cable with the one you bought.

That's all for now!

paulkotheimer:)