[Imc-radio] minutes for 3.2.04 meeting

Molly Stentz molly at ojctech.com
Thu Mar 4 18:53:15 CST 2004

Howdy-
Wow, I got this msg 3 times so I guess I have to read it!!! :)

Yes, Sky Hall and I went to one of their Earth day open houses in the
past. It is a neat place - we dubbed it as Chicago's Eco-burb since many
there commute to Chicago daily (quite a trek) and seemed to have fled to
it seeking refuge from the city.  There are people there who found a way
to work for the community, though, like the dude who runs the phone
company, and they would be good to interview.  I can look for my file on
it - I know I have contact info for folks there. It was also interesting
to me that they had a goal of becoming entirely self-reliant in the
their food production system for the community. I remember that seemed to
be on a further horizon, but they had some good wild asparagus- yum.

I can't remember if we ended up doing a piece on it. I know that Andy
Trull produced a piece on the MREA fair that we went to in WI - the
largest renewable energy fair in the world, held annually, here in the
midwest, which may contain some related background info. Anyway,
I have a ton of stuff on RE and I would be happy to be a gopher and
collect and synthesize background info on topics, if that is needed.
Let me know what you're looking for and when you need it by.

-Molly