[Imc-radio] Direct Action

ariel mspippilotta at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 19:34:07 CST 2005

Direct Action: Addressing Sexual Violence within
Activist Communities

An open dialogue about dealing with sexual harassment,
sexual assault, rape, and misogynistic violence within
activist communities

Saturday, April 16 at 2pm
U-C Independent Media Center, 218 W. Main St., Urbana

Activist communities are dedicated to struggles for
justice; yet sometimes our own communities can be
unsafe because of sexual harassment or other violence
from within the group. How can we deal with sexual
violence when it occurs within our justice-seeking
groups? Join fellow activists for an open dialogue
about sexual violence among activist groups and how we
can address it.. This workshop is queer and trans
inclusive. For more information, contact Ariel at
a_clemenzi at yahoo.com.

This workshop is sponsored by Urbana-Champaign’s
Independent Media Center’s Climate Group and will be
facilitated by members of Chicago Action Medical,
Chicagoland Anarchist Network, Pomegranate Radical
Health Collective, and Chicago Rape Crisis Hotline.

***For this dialogue to work, we need your help.

Please RSVP by April 12th that you or your group will
be in attendance, so that adequate space can be
reserved.

In order for that this workshop to better meet your
needs, we also recommend that you and members of your
organization complete a brief survey at

(http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=65542952853).

The survey is anonymous, and will only take a few
minutes. ***

***Please forward this e-mail to your entire group.
***