[Imc-radio] The Real Public Radio Network

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Sun Apr 17 11:18:40 CDT 2005

Got this from Boulder friends.  I think IMCRN could use this to distro and
get content.  - Danielle

---
Subject: The Real Public Radio Network

We would like to invite you to our new Real Public Radio Network's
public beta release.  We believe you could greatly benefit by becoming
a member and using the network to promote your shows, find new content
and connect with people who create and use all types of audio content.
 Please see our press release (below) and visit us online at
www.rprn.org

It's geared toward folks like you.  It's a non profit, but it allows
you to simply and easily upload your shows and license it using
creative commons (or standard copyright) and then assign a value for
folks to pay you (or, make it free, it's up to you).

If you took A-Info, iTunes and Audible and put them all together into
a non profit company that supported music, news and views programming,
well, that would be RPRN.ORG.

It's worth checking out and, maybe, even telling your friends about.

We hope to see you there.

The RPRN team

PRESS RELEASE

Real Public Radio Networks (RPRN) announces a new kind of non profit
audio content exchange network for independent producers, community
radio stations, indie record labels, musicians and the general public.

Boulder, Colorado-April 13th, 2005.  -- The Real Public Radio Network
announces it's public BETA release today.  Based in Boulder, Colorado,
the RPRN network has created a non profit audio exchange network at
WWW.RPRN.ORG

Originally designed as a resource for community, college and
underground radio stations, indie record labels, musicians and
independent audio content producers, it is also open to the general
public.

RPRN allows the creators of digital audio content to post their songs,
radio shows, documentaries, concerts, lectures, news, talk, rants and
raves to the network for any RPRN member to download.

Content creators have the ability to easily upload their files, then
set the price for what they'd like to be paid for their creative
works, from zero, if they would like to give away their content, to
any amount, in increments as low as 10 cents.

The system has built in software to easily implement licensing using
both the new Creative Common's (some rights reserved) approach to
intellectual property as well as standard US Copyright law (all rights
reserved).

Forums with member created custom groups as well as private messaging
within the system is fully supported.

A powerful search and browse function to find content, other members
and forum/group information makes it simple to find whatever you're
looking for.

Membership in the Real Public Radio Network is free, although a
donation to help pay for ongoing personnel, equipment and network
costs is requested.

The RPRN service has been Co-developed by the University of Colorado's
Computer Science Department, under the direction of Professor Bruce
Sanders senior projects team (Dan Sullivan, Jason Pelton, Chad Nouis,
Mike Chao, Craig Talbert) and RPRN's founder and executive director,
Scott Converse.

For more information contact the Real Public Radio Network at
info at rprn.org or call 720-227-0129.
Online at: WWW.RPRN.ORG