[Imc-radio] Domestic Partner Registry Begins Aug. 31 -- Let's Celebrate!

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Tue Aug 23 17:35:49 CDT 2005

A historic event - bring your camera and video recorders!

YOU'RE INVITED!!!
INAUGURAL EVENT CELEBRATING URBANA'S NEW DOMESTIC
PARTNER REGISTRY

DATE: Wednesday, August 31

LOCATION: Urbana City Hall (Vine Street across from
Lincoln square mall)

TIME: Noon-1:30pm (celerbration with friends and allies)
      1:30-3:30 (ongoing cake and punch for registrants)

DETAILS:
Starting August 31st, the City of Urbana will begin
registering domestic partners. You do not need to live
in the city of Urbana to register. Registration costs
$15 and must be done in person.

Registering partners are invited to join in a special
celebration from noon to 1:30pm in Urbana City to
enjoy cake, punch, balloons and festivities in the
City Council chambers to mark this historic event.
This event is open to all who wish to celebrate this
historic milestone, and cake will continue to be
served to registering partners up until 3:30 p.m.

ORGANIZED BY:
The 85% Coalition and CU At the Altar

MORE INFORMATION:
For more Information:  http://thesatroe.blogspot.com
or http://www.ci.urbana.il.us

IF YOU & YOUR PARTNER WILL BE REGISTERING:
Please Contact the_satroe at yahoo.com if you and your
Partner are planning on registering on August 31st

CRITERIA FOR REGISTERING:
The affidavit of domestic partnership says:
1. We are engaged in a committed relationship and
intend to remain together indefinitely.
2. We are at least 18 years of age and have the
capacity to enter into a contract.
3. We share a common permanent residence and are
jointly responsible to each other for the necessities
of life.
4. We are not related by blood closer than permitted
for married couples under Illinois marriage laws.
5. Neither of us is registered with another Domestic
Partner.
6. Neither of us is in a marriage recognized in the
State of Illinois.
7. We understand that the registration of this
Domestic Partnership Affidavit creates a domestic
partnership of continuous duration until either of us
files a Statement of Termination or upon the death of
either of us.
8. Each of us agrees to file jointly or separately an
Affidavit of Termination with the Urbana City Clerk
within 30 days of a change in this domestic
partnership such that we no longer meet the criteria
herein.