[Imc-radio] headline? event to cover?

Susan Kim skimtone at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 23:41:55 CST 2005

Hey Folks,

I saw a flier for this at Aroma.  It might be interesting to cover ... at the very least we could announce the event as a headline.

-Sooz

The PRC presents:
War & the Economy: Too Many Guns, Not Enough Butter
                       A workshop from United For Fair Economy
Monday Feb 7th from 7-8:30pm in Allen Hall (1005 W. Gregory Dr. Urbana)

This is a workshop about economic inequality, not about the morality of war & militarism. We see a cycle of concentrated wealth and concentrated power in the U.S. intensified by the emphasis on militarism.

Workshop goals:

1. Explore the impact of militarism on the US economy.

2. Examine the impact of war & militarism from race, gender, and class perspectives.

3. Demonstrate that war & militarism drain resources from basic family and community needs in general and from addressing the state budget crises in particular.

United For a Fair Economy is a national nonprofit that raises awareness that concentrated wealth and power undermine the economy, corrupt democracy, deepen the racial divide, and tear communities apart.  Thay have put together this free workshop. www.faireconomy.org