[Imc-radio] radio minutes 2/15/05

Susan Kim skimtone at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 10:24:51 CST 2005

attending: Dave, Kyle, Sarah, and Sooz

Feb 21st show

interview with Destiny Lopez - EC expert from NYC who
is speaking at the Feb 24th EC campaign community
meeting.

Citizen Speak pieces about each of the Mayoral
Candidates
- Esther Patt (Laurel Prussing) *done*
- Justin Cajindos (Tod Satterthwaite) *will get done*
- Evelyn Underwood ( Shrley Hursey) *hopefully will
get done*

Feb 28th Show

Feature on UC HipHop (Sarah and Kyle)
interview with Libby Tyler on Comprehensive Plan for
City of Urbana
Coverage of International Week.

---------

Dave would like to see Radio do more outreach to
listeners and to people interested in doing radio.
Ideas: flyer
          call for headlines
          WEFT PSA to recruit for IMCRN
          have a talkback style call-in segment
          better organization of the website

We will set up a time to do some web design and
archiving.

Other story ideas:

Needle exchange programs
Economic development in camden county
Cable and telecom meeting in March
              (renewal of franchise
agreement/censorship)
Coverage of the indy media conferences coming up in
STL and Indiana
Interview with the former french amabassador about the
Algerian War
Something on Fair Trade
Forgiveness Week
RURAL
LGBT history

(We are always looking for story ideas and for people
who want to do radio.)