[Imc-radio] IMC Radio News [Minutes 01-18-2005]

Susan Kim skimtone at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 23:04:14 CST 2005

Hey Folks, I just found this link to someone that
might be interesting to talk to for the forgiveness
weekend piece or maybe a different one.

"Sociologist studies lasting confines of imprisonment"

"For the last several years, Princeton sociologist
Bruce Western has been studying the rising number of
Americans who are serving time in prison, how higher
incarceration rates have affected families and how the
effects reverberate in labor markets. "

http://www.princeton.edu/pr/pwb/04/1108/1b.shtml

Bruce Western and Devah Pager are doing a large study
looking at the effects of race vs. criminal record on
an applicant's employment opportunities.

I don't know how difficult it would be to get Dr.
Western or Dr. Pager to do an interview, but based on
the article at this link, it seems like what they have
to say is a combination of obvious and shocking that
would good to talk about.