[Imc-radio] today's show

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 24 07:48:24 CST 2005

Dave and All,

Dave agreed to piece together the show. All of these headlines / pieces are
in the Audio/ My documents/ 012405
Vigil -- 3:58
or Vigil with hope -- 4:10

Roe v Wade1 -- 7:05
Roe v Wade2 shorter 6.37

jail phone 3.54

Charles Smith Poem 2.33
Michael Powell 1.28
PRC mtg 1.12
books to prisoners 1.01
ricky Baldwin announc .27
LGBT 2.33

This is about 20 minutes. What else can we use? We do have audio from
counter inagural call in if you want to add any of that.

You could also add this announcment:
Forgiveness Weekend will be Febuary 18 – 20. The organizers of the
conference ask the questions: Why should we care about what happens to
people with felony convictions? How does a felony charge affect daily life?
How can those with felony convictions become more empowered? How can
academics, religious leaders, felons and activists help. Speakers for the
weekend include: Il State Representative Constance Howard speaking on How to
get a criminal record expunged.  Clifton Thorton, founder of Efficacy,
speaking on the topic “Perceptions of Race, Class and the War on Drugs.”
The Reverend James Bevel, Legendary Civil Rights Strategist speaking on Non
Violent Resistance and “Faith Communities as Watchdogs for Social Justice” –
Also local activist Aaron Ammons and others will be speaking. The location
for the weekend is courtesy of Salem Baptist Church, 500 E. Park Street in
Champaign.

HERE ARE THE THANK YOU'S THAT SHOULD BE SAID:
Music written and performed by Kevin Elliott
Contributors:
Clint Popetz
Chris Evans
Kim Kranich