[Imc-radio] Minutes 2005-05-03

dave dugon at ucimc.org
Fri May 6 14:36:56 CDT 2005

IMCRN Minutes 2005-05-03

Recap: The LGBT rights piece ran again because there wasn't enough time to
air the whole thing last week.  Dave also had a short interview with a
sign painter named Gary.  It aired during the headlines and concerned the
individual suffering he incurred from using toxic chemicals while painting
signs.  The problem with the mic cable has not yet been fixed.  The piece
on CU Hospitals didn't get produced and there have yet to be any further
leads on the Racial Disparity of county board contracting.

Outreach:  Radio group needs to start reaching out to more members.  Would
changing our meeting time help?  How can we incorporate more voices from
other IMCs?

Ongoing Stories:
- 2nd Nuclear Plant in Clinton, IL
- Wal-Mart and City Development
- SECS, ISEN and Chemical Pollutants
- Urban Agriculture and Local Gardens
- Labor and Everyday Life
- Healthcare

This Week:
- Sandra Covers http://pbd.blogspot.com on political blogging
- Citizen Speak by Ben Grosser about Carl Hospital