[Imc-tech] meeting?

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Mon Nov 6 06:30:33 CST 2000

We should meet, regroup, forumulate a strategy, and get to work on
this website.

Given that the IMC software is a pain in the ass I propose we should:

Create a simple front page with links to materials that we have
uploaded.

Get urbana.indymedia.org and champaign.indymedia.org to point to my
server.

Get listed on various IMC server's index of IMC servers.

Then after we have all that in place we can worry about software. We
have two options figure out the existing IMC software by getting more
connected with the exisitng IMC-tech community (pouring through
mailing list archives, joining in on irc meetings, volunteering to
help maintain the code, etc) or build our own software from familiar
tools. Both are daunting tasks. I feel like the easy thing to do would
be the latter but the communal and globally friendly thing to do would
be the former.

Thoughts?

IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet
  Social Justice, Community, Nonviolence, Decentralisation,
  Sustainability, Feminism, Responsibility, Diversity, Democracy,
  Ecology - http://www.greens.org - http://www.votenader.org