[Imc-tech] Linux box up front? Notes from tonight's meeting...

Mike Perry mikepery at fscked.org
Fri Aug 3 12:19:47 CDT 2001

Thus spake David Young (dyoung at onthejob.net):

> Have you tried setting the serial ports with kernel parameters or the
> setserial utility or both?
No, checking for if any kernel paramaters would fix them was my next
move. The problem is that when they are misdetected, they are ttyS0 and
1, but neither of those actually work. They only work when detected as
ttyS2 and ttyS3..

I'm guessing there might be another serial device in the machine, and
the kernel is only detecting whichever one responds first to the probe..

Do you know the kernel paramters that would tell it where to look? I
can't find them in the kernel docs..

I'll try setserial in the meantime, I hadn't thought of that.

--
Mike Perry
Master Of Propaganda