[Imc-tech] new computer (pieces)

michael dean brunelle brunelle at students.uiuc.edu
Sat Aug 25 22:00:52 CDT 2001

here's the specs on the incoming computer
if you know what the stuff in the ()s means, bully for you :-)

ECS K7VTA3-DDR mainboard (Via chipset)
AMD Athlon 1.4GHz processor (266FSB)
768MB DDR memory (3x256MB PC2100 dimms)
100GB hard drive (7200rpms)
TDK VeloCD CD-RW drive (24x audio rip, 12x burn)
19" monitor (1600x1200 max res)
ATI All-In-Wonder 128 AGP video card (with TV in/out, 32MB memory)
SoundBlaster Live! Platinum 5.1
Firewire PCI card

Everything has been shipped but the case and should arrive at the IMC in
the next week or so (5 separate orders).  I'm willing to put all of the
pieces together, assuming that nobody runs off with anything before I get
there :-).

Also, I stopped by EP computers yesterday and say a full tower case that
would meet our needs for $99, which seemed a bit much for our purposes.
I'll try to make it out to Champaign Computer, Computer Renaissance, and
maybe a couple of other places (Simple Computers?) in the next few days to
see if I can find something siginficantly cheaper.  Suggestions or other
options are welcome...

If you'd like to know order/tracking numbers, I'll dig them up and pass
them on; otherwise, I'll just try to keep tabs on things.

happy partyin'

Mike B.
supposed former information professional