[Imc-tech] new computer (pieces)

michael dean brunelle brunelle at students.uiuc.edu
Mon Aug 27 00:24:27 CDT 2001

This is indeed the new audio workstation - and we did order the SB
specifically.  This was on the original spec sheet I looked at, but it
might be possible to send it back if we're really losing out on
functionality.  However, I'm pretty sure the motherboard also has onboard
sound, so we might be able to do some nice cross mixing, etc (if
soundforge or the new editing program supports it).   And brian, the parts
are from all over, based on cheap prices (pricewatch.com search was quite
helpful :-); some of the components and the monitor were bought from
Outpost.com, mainly because they offer "free" shipping (non-free
ship[ping on a big ole monitor world probably have cost more than the
difference in price between ourpost and some other places).

-Mike