[Imc-tech] minidisks

nancy dietrich nancydietrich at juno.com
Wed Aug 29 13:00:50 CDT 2001

Question about the minidisks & minidisk player:
The other night I was running through some audio I had on a minidisk.  I
was on track 1, got to :08, and it wouldn't go any farther.  I was able
to get it to work by pushing the fast forward button past :08; luckily,
that few seconds I had to skip wasn't essential.  This happened again at
a different part of the minidisk.  In fact, on a 3rd place in the
recording, it completely cut off about a minute of recording (I couldn't
retrieve it), and went on to the next track.  I had listened to the same
minidisk on a portable player earlier that  evening, and everything was
fine.  Any ideas as to what may have caused this (including me pushing a
wrong button)?

The other question I have relates to recording in the field.  I attempted
to record a presentation last Sat. with a minidisk recorder (it wasn't
the IMC's, I borrowed it from someone else).  During the presentation, it
said it was recording;   everything looked like it was OK.  Then I
recorded the next presentation, and I recorded right over the first one!
Again, did I push a button I wasn't supposed to?

Thanks for your time,
Nancy