[Imc-tech] IMC Website

Brian Hagy bhagy at urbana.indymedia.org
Mon Dec 24 23:55:27 CST 2001

Mike,

Add you own comments does appear on our site.  It's at the bottom of each
article
posted to the newswire.  other sites have a link to the page for adding
your own comments.  we have that part tagged to the end of each article
(and if you notice, at the bottom of where you can type in comments, it
has a link which says add you own longer comments, which links to the page
like all the other websites).

as for the events/calendar link, we have a similar layout as the st. louis
site (the wording changes....though we have both events and community
calendar).  in fact, we have the link three times on the front page,
whereas st. louis only has it twice.  i really don't see how a cosmetic
change will greatly affect people's behavior, and i definitely don't
understand why the calendar should be more emphasized than the newswire.

irregardless of what i think, though, design criteria usually are not for
the tech
group to decide.  there is some discussion going on about the redesign of
the webpage.  i'm not sure who is actually spearheading that though.

my suggestion is that you try to organize another brainstorming session to
look at possiblities of design for the website.  i think everyone agrees
to some degree that the website needs a much clearer layout (even the
global discussions are trying to tackle this concern).

by the way, i really like how you keep your eyes open for these things.
many of the things that you catch would otherwise go unnoticed.  thanks.

brian