[Imc-tech] hub problem

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Thu Feb 15 18:02:47 CST 2001

> Stupid me, only today I took a close look at our hub and realized they seem
> to have sent us the wrong thing.  The one we received is an older 12-port
> hub, not 24 port.  I'm trying to get an answer from Ubid right now.  We
> have two options, I reckon: 1. keep this hub (it was only $50) since we
> probably don't need more than 12 ports any time soon, or 2. exchange it for
> the 24, if we can even get one (we might just get our money back since it
> was an auction).

I say we work really hard to get the right hub from them. If we bid on
a 24 port hub, if we paid $50 for a 24 port hub, we should have a 24
port hub. I don't think we should just accept being ripped off even if
we got a good deal.

We can find plenty of small hubs laying around (Paul Kaiser just
offered one to this list, OJC might have one). Really right now we
don't need much and its super easy to swap in a new one when we get
the right thing.

What are the details of this 12 port hub? You said it is an older
model, what features are missing?

In other news the patch panel and the phone termination block and a
punchdown tool and the 1 ft patch cables all came today. I bought all
the electrical stuff last night and it is at the IMC.

IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet
Ya Basta! - http://www.greens.org