[Imc-tech] hub problem

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Thu Feb 15 22:38:28 CST 2001

Well my thinking was that if in week or so (after some complaining) we
can get the good 10/100 24 port hub that we were supposed to get from
ubid then in the mean time (for that week or so) we can live with a
small 10BaseT hub.

Molly Stentz wrote:

> fyi, i asked about the ojc hub: ojc has an old hub that is 10baseT so
> i don't think we want it.
>
> -molly
>

> On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Zachary C.Miller wrote:
>
> > > Stupid me, only today I took a close look at our hub and realized they seem
> > > to have sent us the wrong thing.  The one we received is an older 12-port
> > > hub, not 24 port.  I'm trying to get an answer from Ubid right now.  We
> > > have two options, I reckon: 1. keep this hub (it was only $50) since we
> > > probably don't need more than 12 ports any time soon, or 2. exchange it for
> > > the 24, if we can even get one (we might just get our money back since it
> > > was an auction).
> >
> > I say we work really hard to get the right hub from them. If we bid on
> > a 24 port hub, if we paid $50 for a 24 port hub, we should have a 24
> > port hub. I don't think we should just accept being ripped off even if
> > we got a good deal.
> >
> > We can find plenty of small hubs laying around (Paul Kaiser just
> > offered one to this list, OJC might have one). Really right now we
> > don't need much and its super easy to swap in a new one when we get
> > the right thing.
> >
> > What are the details of this 12 port hub? You said it is an older
> > model, what features are missing?
> >
> > In other news the patch panel and the phone termination block and a
> > punchdown tool and the 1 ft patch cables all came today. I bought all
> > the electrical stuff last night and it is at the IMC.
> >

> --
> Molly Stentz
> Illinois Student Environmental Network (ISEN)
> 110 S. Race Street, Suite 205
> Urbana, Illinois 61801
> 217.384.0830 phone
> 217.278.2105 fax

IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet
Ya Basta! - http://www.greens.org