[Imc-tech] Tech Planning

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 7 23:56:05 CST 2001

We had a very brief Tech meeting tonight during which Zach and I mapped out
some of the tasks ahead of us and tried to prioritize them and put them
into a calendar.  This is the result.

The tasks which we picked a date for are listed in order by date.  These
dates should be viewed as tentative, so please speak up if you think things
should be moved.

IMC-Tech duties for March:
Wed, 3/14 6:00ish - try to install electrical outlet in network closet
Wed, 3/21, 6:00 pm -- Network clean-up.  Fix some hanging cables in the
basement,
	build some shelves in the network closet and get hub and router properly
	installed in there.
Sat, 3/24, time TBA, -- Set up computers we get from Prairienet -- install
OS, configure,
	check/troubleshoot/swap hardware, connect to network.
Wed, 3/28 6:00pm --Discuss non-computer/network tech issues, including:
recording
	equipment (MD, tape recorders, camcorders), putting together trainings &
	instructions, other similar issues.
Sat., 3/31 time TBA -- Linux server day: put together two linux boxes, one
as an
	Internet firewall and another as an audio/backup server.

The following items are not yet scheduled:
--A/V wiring final planning, prep and installation.
--Fixing & updating website software
--Planning classes/workshops on administrating the IMC website

Everyone is invited to lend a hand with these things. We will put out a
general call for help on the bigger tasks.

Also, please add any things you think need to be added to this short-term list.

--Paul