[Imc-tech] getting new computers.

Molly Stentz molly at onthejob.net
Fri May 4 11:59:20 CDT 2001

Well, speaking from a local non-profit (CLAM Center) that has been trying
to do this for years (secure this "hot" grant funding), my experience is
that it has not been that easy. we have talked to local merchants and
businesses. we have talked to funders. Note also Prairienet's ongoing
financial woes. While I applaud your optimism, I'd put some energy into
parterships with existing groups and a strategy. I'd be happy to discuss
this at length sometime. I could have shared the return rate CLAM got on
Prairienet computers (very low. lots of time and energy.. sound familiar?)

By the way, I haven't mentioned it yet since I am do not have the physical
units in from of me, BUT the CLAM Center is due to receive a load of
working Pentium grade machines from both the USGS and the UIECU soon. I
have requested a few extra in the hopes CLAM can donate them to the IMC.
I'll let everyone know once I can go over to pick them up.

-Molly