[Imc-tech] secure delte

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Fri May 11 03:43:37 CDT 2001

> I hear that is even possible to read files over-written twice or more.

This paper tells me that 35 passes are recommended to make the task of
data recovery prohibitively expensive.

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/secure_del.html

The DoD standard is said to be 7 passes.

It should be noted that recovering data that has been overwritten
requires the use of a scanning tunneling electron microscope. This is
a very expensive procedure.

:)