[Imc-tech] Coverage of Ft. Benning (SoA) events on N-17

David Getzin dgetzin at iwu.edu
Sat Nov 10 09:51:37 CST 2001

Hello,

My name is David Getzin and I am traveling with the IWU contingent to
Ft. Benning GA for the School  of the Americas protests.  I am planning
to journalistically cover the event and am wondering if your specific
IMC affiliate would could use  some of the work I am going to be doing.

I worked for the Prauge IMC during the S-26 WTO protests doing mostly
audio and some text coverage.  The well organized situation in  Prauge
allowed for instant transfer of updates and by the minute/hour updates.
I am  not certain of how the IMC will be setting up  down there, but if
asked to provide content, i will do my best to  provide "as-it-happens"
updates.

  I work off a laptop, and provided any kind of internet connection, I
can instantly email any text.  For audio work I can attach files in a
variety of industry standard formats, (mpeg, .mov, .aif, etc..) or make
them available to you for download from my website.

If you would like me to contribute a central Illinois perspective on the
events at the SoA protests, please let me know and I will be more than
happy to send you my work.  If you could let me know about how the IMC
is setting up down there, (press registration info, where the media
center would be...) or point me to someone who could I would greatly
appreciate it and will start sending you news as soon as I can.

I am departing with the IWU group ""React with Non-Violence" on Thursday
the 15th. Hope to hear from you soon,

FURTHERing,

David Getzin