[Imc-tech] html template

jacobs jacobs at students.uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 1 07:50:57 CDT 2001

Howdy,

I just wandered over to the Public I web version (http://publici.ucimc.org/).
While I am very excited that they have used the IMC Library template, I
noticed that several links are bad (they point to the old active/news
directory). The links that need fixing are on the top menu bar, schedule of
open hours, and "contact" and "support us" on the left menu bar. Simply take
the "active/news" part out of the url and all will be right in the world!

FYI, I have fixed all those links on the library site. Also, there is a file
in the library directory (contenttemplate.html) that has been set up to be a
template. The links are all current and the css is an absolute link so anyone
can use it. Please let folks know that they can go to
http://urbana.indymedia.org/library/contenttemplate.html
and view/copy/paste the source.

Thanks again. Now I know that at least one person has viewed the library
site;-)

James "radical librarian" Jacobs

James R. Jacobs
Graduate Reference Assistant
Education/Social Science Library
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Home: 303B1 Paddock Drive
Savoy, IL 61874
(217)359-9283
jacobs at uiuc.edu
   (\
  {|||8-
   (/

"Librarians, Dusty, possess a vast store of politeness.
These are people who get asked regularly the dumbest
questions on God's green earth. These people tolerate
every kind of crank and eccentric and mouth-breather
there is."
--Garrison Keillor, "Lives of the Cowboys"