[Imc-tech] visibility...

Daniel S. Lewart d-lewart at uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 16 15:52:24 CDT 2001

Ruth Scheithauer,

> Thank you for a much needed "different voice" in the media landscape. I
> probably don't agree with everything you publish, but I find your site very
> thought-provoking and refreshing.

You're welcome!

> However, I'm going to leave the site after looking only at the homepage and
> reading one article on screen, because my eyes hurt. The bright text on a
> dark background leaves me with bars of light in front of my eyes.

I personally agree with you.  My initial request to change the background
to white was rejected.  However, your comments might be enough to
sway our design group.

> I have downloaded a PDF article, which comes out as "normal" black on white
> and is therefore much easier to read. However, I have to stay for too long
> on the site itself to determine which articles to download (and I'd much
> rather read the HTML on screen anyway instead of having to download PDF
> files of everything that is potentially interesting).

You can also select "print article" (which doesn't actually print anything).

> So... yes, please, do keep up your efforts to provide a valid alternative to
> the mainstream news media. And if you think about making any changes to the
> presentation of the site, keep in mind the needs of users who would like to
> stay on your site for longer.

Thank you again!  Paul, could you forward Ruth's note to the appropriate
folks?

By the way, are you familiar with the Swiss site?:
	http://switzerland.indymedia.org/

Cheers,
Daniel Lewart
http://urbana.indymedia.org/