[Imc-tech] RE: library website

jacobs jacobs at students.uiuc.edu
Sun Sep 2 19:47:07 CDT 2001

Thanks Dan, you are truly a superstar!!

James Jacobs

>===== Original Message From "Daniel S. Lewart" <d-lewart at uiuc.edu> =====
>James Jacobs,
>
>> Thanks Zach for fixing that. I had checked the permissions, thinking that
>> maybe they had been changed so that nobody had read access to the files.
>> There's one small detail that maybe Zach or someone else on the tech group
can
>> answer for me: On all the pages, we've listed home as:
>> http://urbana.indymedia.org/library/
>> but this now brings up the entire directory, not .../library/index.html.
Would
>> it be easy to make index.html the default or should I go through all the
pages
>> and update that url? I'd like to be able to enter ...library/ and bring up
the
>> homepage. Please let me know if that's possible and if not I'll go in and
>> change all the links.
>
>Done (by modifying /etc/apache/httpd.conf).
>
>Cheers,
>Dan
>http://urbana.indymedia.org/

James R. Jacobs
Graduate Reference Assistant
Education/Social Science Library
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Home: 303B1 Paddock Drive
Savoy, IL 61874
(217)359-9283
jacobs at uiuc.edu
   (\
  {|||8-
   (/

"Librarians, Dusty, possess a vast store of politeness.
These are people who get asked regularly the dumbest
questions on God's green earth. These people tolerate
every kind of crank and eccentric and mouth-breather
there is."
--Garrison Keillor, "Lives of the Cowboys"