[Imc-tech] Re: broken MD

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 25 10:41:14 CDT 2002

Well, I'm not sure of tech's ability to handle the cost difference between
a model with mic input and the one we've got.  If we've got the funds we
can only authorize at our next meeting next Wed.  In general I don't think
Tech should be covering equipment replacement -- I'd prefer the funds be
used for maintenance and fixing things due to wear and tear.

Assuming that a suitable model is available at Best Buy I think it's a fine
plan for Cope to make the trade, but we'll have to figure out how the
difference will be made up, still.  The difference will be $25 - $50.  So,
if it doesn't hurt the chance for a refund/exchange, we might wait until
both radio news and tech have met.

The other option is to take a refund from Best Buy and the IMC can order
something on the web where we have more choices available to us-- we might
be able to find something suitable for $150 or less.

Thanks for working with us, Cope, while we fumble about.

--Paul