[Imc-tech] thanks

Brian Hagy bhagy at urbana.indymedia.org
Wed Feb 6 08:07:00 CST 2002

i've got a question.  is it that you put an audio cd in and it wouldn't
play, or you couldn't open it up to edit it?  when i tested, audio cd's
were playing fine.  however, if you were trying to edit an audio file,
that was saved as such, then i think i know what the problem is.  audio
files are in a format that nothing but cd players can recognize (and riper
programs).  in order to edit an audio file, you have to "rip" it from the
cd first (meaning you have to convert it from a format that the cd
recognizes to a format that can be edited, such as a wav file).  you can
use winamp, realjukebox, and maybe even sound forge (though i haven't
tested sound forge, it's supposed to be able to do so).

does the above sound like it applies to what happened?

brian