[Imc-tech] Re: Obscene message on the website

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Thu Jun 6 14:10:57 CDT 2002

Nadia, I do not have the authority to remove posts from the
newswire. A lot of junk gets posted to our newswire. Eventually it
floats down and off the front page as new posts are made. As a
completely open publishing system we can't decide to filter some posts
but not others without losing our openness.

Here is a copy of our website use policy:
http://www.ucimc.org/website_policy.php3

I believe a case could be made that this post is either a threat or is
off-topic, perhaps it is even libelous. Under these circumstances
perhaps the post could be hidden. I'm not an expert on this policy or
its interpretation. I am forwarding your request to our tech group and
hopefully someone from that group can explain whether or not this post
can be hidden.