[Imc-tech] Performance Space PA

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 4 17:01:05 CST 2002

Here's an update on the performance space PA system.

Paul K. and new volunteer Matt (with help?) got our current PA system set
up there yesterday.  Right now no money has been allocated by Steering for
the PA system.  We do not have cash on hand for it, anyway.  Therefore we
are not ready to buy any PA equipment.  I'm sorry if I somehow gave anyone
the impression we could... I must have been high... on life.

Paul's friend Russell has  PA equipment that he is looking to sell and
might be willing to rent us in an in-kind arrangement.  I have not yet been
able to reach Russell to see what we can do.  When I reach him, I will find
out what price he is asking and see what arrangement we might make.

After quite a bit of thought I think it would be a mistake for us to blow
all of our Allen Hall money ($1400) on PA equipment and I intend to tell
the Steering group this much.  That's a lot of money to sink into one thing
when there are plenty of worthy causes at the IMC.  But I think we can
place a PA system into our priorities (gosh, I remember a DV camcorder
having been on this list for the last year?!)  and deal with it that way.

--Paul