[Imc-tech] Re: Imc-tech digest, Vol 1 #318 - 1 msg

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Tue May 7 11:02:13 CDT 2002

now i'm confused -- i'm fairly certain that i was there when paul k.
accidentally broke one of the microphones...  paul was detaching a mic
cable from one of the mics and pulled the "guts" out with the cable.  i'm
not sure what happened with the other mic; however, i thought that repairs
of all sorts are supposed to go through some sort of decision-making body.

this is a bit disturbing to me since paul was also the person who was in
charge of our wiring for the initial PA, which was set up wrong (according
to Jimmy M.); the result of which was that the IMC had to pay over $200 in
repair costs due to the faulty wiring.  i think one of our tech-team
members should talk with paul (especially since at least one mic, and it
could be that it's a different mic entirely, was broken by him).

i think it would also be good to talk with CVs to see what was broken with
each mic.  i'm also open to other suggestions.

--sascha