[Imc-tech] UNACCEPTABLE

Michael S. Feltes mfeltes at ucimc.org
Fri May 10 14:36:52 CDT 2002

I am tremendously pissed off right now.  I just passed on a Free Speech
Radio News piece and left them with a hole 30 minutes before satellite
uplink because I could not get quality voiceovers on the MoJo setup.  Mic
1 is hissing any time it records vox; things recorded on it are not at
broadcast quality.  I tried two mikes, different board inputs for the
mike, different wires from mike to board, and the hiss is still present.

This is hours of work flushed down the toilet because of a technical
problem.  These hours of work are not just mine, but Sheila Knopper from
Springfield IMC and Kata Mester from FSRN.  If we're going to be a
legitimate news outlet, we need reliable fucking equipment.