[Imc-tech] hidden stories?

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Mon May 13 17:50:04 CDT 2002

I'm looking at the broken newswire problem.

No stories are showing up on the cached pages but if you try to access
any given story via a link it shows up just fine.

There is a very large number of hidden stories (maybe all of them). I
wonder if someone has hacked our story hiding system or our database
and hidden everything?

I don't have time to fix this but if someone else hasn't gotten to it
by later tonight I'll look at it again. I've verified that the web
server and the database and the active software all seem to be
functional so from a sysadmin standpoint things are fine. I think this
is a problem within active and not a problem with my server.

It may be of interest that the /extra0 disk ran out of space at some
point today and I have cleared up lots of free space now so that won't
be a problem again for a while. I don't know if this is related.