[Imc-tech] two broken microphones

Brian Hagy bhagy at urbana.indymedia.org
Thu May 23 22:39:14 CDT 2002

this info will be brought up in the next tech group meeting, wednesday.
usually, we rotate meeting weeks (one week website stuff, the next week
audio/video stuff).  this past week was audio/video, this upcoming week is
website.  however, due to your request we'll do what we can to address it
this wednesday.

please keep in mind, we probably won't be able to fund the entire costs of
this repair.  running a deficit keeps us from having tons of money, and we
have no budget for repairs currently.  we will look at what's possible.
our usual policy is to work out something with whoever broke the
equipment.  we are currently formalizing this policy so that's its clear
and articulated.  since it's not ready, we'll proceed as we have with
everyone else, which is to work out something with whoever broke the
equipment.  though, in this case, we have no idea who broke the mics
or how they were broken (were they broken by an imc-related event, or
during personal use from a member, or whatever), so it's a sticky question
for the tech group.

all are welcomed to input suggestions to this dilemma.

brian