[Imc-tech] (no subject)

Brian Hagy bhagy at urbana.indymedia.org
Thu Nov 21 20:09:57 CST 2002

minidisc audio is fairly easy to get on to a computer.  use the line-out
jack on the minidisc and, using an 1/8" to 1/8" cable (that's the small
plugs), connect to the line-in jack on the sound card of your computer.
then using whatever sound recording software you have, even microsloth's
Sound Recorder will work fine, record your audio from the minidisc.  make
sure you start recording before start playing, else you could miss
recording the first few seconds of your audio.  also, if your minidisc
doesn't have a line-out jack, just use the headphone jack (which is a
line-out jack unto itself).

as for the digital video, what would you like to know?  how to record to
computer, how to use a camera, how to edit?  let us know, and we'll be
happy to pass on what we know.

keep up the peace,
brian
u-c imc