[Imc-tech] cool networking stuff

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Mon Oct 7 01:45:14 CDT 2002

I'm playing with some really cool networking stuff on the groogroo
server. I've now got two different ISPs connected via two different
ethernet cards and I'm coordinating them both through the iproute2
Advanced Linux Router stuff which just lets you do about anything you
can possibly imagine.

Right now access to the UCIMC website is exactly as it has always been
(strictly over the soltec DSL) but during the next week I will be
experimenting with load balancing these two connections. This should
bring a major increase in the server's available bandwidth.

I am also going to play with some Quality of Service bandwidth shaping
stuff that should make it so that even when all teh bandwidth is in
use from big downloads, interactive ssh sessions will still be
responsive.

Anyway, if anyone wants to learn about this cool advanced router stuff
let me know. It has been a slow process to learn but I'm loving it.