[Imc-tech] stats?

Daniel S. Lewart lewart at uiuc.edu
Sat Oct 12 22:48:16 CDT 2002

Paul, et al,

> It looks like our website stats aren't working correctly
> (http://www.ucimc.org/stats).  These days it's reporting only about 100
> - 200 page views per day, which seems awfully low.  'specially since we
> were seeing 1000 - 2000 before the Dada upgrade.

> Any guesses as to what's up?  I think it's kinda nice to know how many
> hits the site is getting.

Yes--an impedance mismatch:

/etc/apache/httpd.conf has these lines:
	ServerName www.ucimc.org
	CustomLog /var/log/apache/dada-access.log imcfull

/var/lib/analog/conf/imc.conf has these lines:
	LOGFILE /var/log/apache/imc-access.log
	LOGFILE /var/log/apache/imc-access.log.0
	LOGFILE /var/log/apache/imc-access.*.gz

I'll leave this one for Zach or Clint.  Ideally, stats should be
generated retroactively too.

Cheers,
Dan