[Imc-tech] A Couple of Issues With Hidden Files

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 19 18:07:10 CDT 2002

After Paul R. and I spoke about the current crop of DAN SPAM, I decided
I would unhide #8000 after reclassifying it from "Children & Education"
to "Israel/Palestine". The reclassification went fine, but I was not
able to unhide it. I guess this is another bug, but be careful what you
hide 'cause you can't take it back. Ironically, DAN posted another
similar story the next day (Thursday) that _was_ properly classified, so
maybe he did learn something from this.

I will try to have a light hand at the Hide button as long as he 1)
continues to move in a more acceptable direction and 2) doesn't start
filling up the Elsewhere Newswire with his more acceptable spam. How
does no more than two slots (you can tell I'm being very generous here,
as I would much rather it be one) on the Newswire as a limit for his
identifiable, but acceptable, stories so that he doesn't turn it into
something that looks a lot like IMCP?

The second concern is also DAN-related. I have the report I wrote
detailing how he was identified here, but none of the links are working,
since it was compiled under the old software. You can't even go by
inserting the article number in the URL using the new software. And the
Hidden Stories page only works for the current page and attempting to
access the earlier pages simply results in pulling up the first page
again. Is there anyway to convert the old article # to the new article #
so that I can access old stories?

Mike