[Imc-tech] list admin

Paul Bengt Riismandel p-riism at ad.uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 7 09:24:32 CDT 2003

Currently it looks like I am the only active list admin for at least 5
different IMC e-mail lists (IMC, news, video, mediation, print). Bryan
Cribbs is listed as another admin, but I haven't seen nor heard from him
in a long time, and Zach is listed as another one on some of them.

 In and of itself, I don't mind being the only admin. But I think it's a
problem when I leave town for more than a few days, because messages
pile up. 75% of it is spam, but since we turned off the ability for
non-members to post, their messages get held, too.  Sometimes these
messages are from IMCistas using second e-mail accounts that aren't
subscribed, or from IMCistas posting to all lists, but who aren't
subscribed to all lists.

Today, when I finally got a chance to whittle down my e-mail, there were
36 messages waiting in queue for the IMC list. Some of those were timely
announcements whose time has now passed. The public I seems to suffer
the most, since many contributors apparently aren't subscribed.

Does anyone else want to be a backup admin for these lists?  Otherwise
my next vacation means many e-mails will get delayed.

--Paul