[Imc-tech] good news?

Paul Bengt Riismandel p-riism at ad.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 17 22:47:18 CST 2003

Hey all -- I have some good news. I got a new computer yesterday and I plan to bring my "old" machine to the IMC to use as a video editing machine.  It's a PIII-1Ghz with 640 MB  RAM and a 30 GB system drive, CD-R and DVD-ROM, 17" monitor.  It won't run MS office -- it totally hoses the system, but so far has been utterly stable running Premiere.  It has a firewire card so it does DV no prob.

A 30 GB system drive isn't really adequate for video, however. So I'd like to see if the rest of y'all can pool funds, engage in creative funding or five-finger-discount another HD for video.  The motherboard has ATA-33 but there's a Promise ATA-100 IDE adapter for higher speed.

It's going to take another week or so for me to get my data transferred and the machine back in shape.  I'll put a clean install of Win2k on it and then it should be ready to go in a week or so.

--paul