[Imc-tech] Re: [Imc-newsroom] Article from Urbana-Champaign IMC

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 7 19:35:12 CST 2003

There have been a number of occurances lately where stories show as
submitted for preview, but were not posted. Since most of them have been
from IMC network spammers, I've seen no need to be concerned...

It did happen to me once, but of course I can easily fix the problem.
What the poster gets is simply a blank screen, instead of going back to
the story where it's supposed to. For spammers, this is usually not a
problem. They just think they have it posted and move on, because
they're in a hurry (so much spam, so little time) and because our IMC's
software works somewhat differently than that at the IMC's they're used
to spamming.

But legitimate posters may make multiple attempts to post when they
don't see their story come up. I think that's what happened with
tinyninjas' post. So I'm making what I think is a bug report (but it
just may be because maybe we were both using a crappy 'ol browser like
the one I use, Netscape 4.75.)
Mike Lehman