[Imc-tech] laptop computer woes...

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Tue Jan 7 23:24:14 CST 2003

hi all,

i'm planning to buy a laptop computer within the next few weeks and want
to get recommendations on what's good.  basically, i need a computer with
a fairly decent sized screen (for looking at data) and decent processing
speed (for analyzing said data).  mainly i'd be using the computer for
writing my disseration, data analysis, wireless network testing (i.e.
integrated WiFi would be a bonus), and fieldwork & note-taking (so battery
life is important).  if you have any ideas, resources, recommendations
(either pro or con), etc. please let me know,

thanks for your help,

--sascha