[Imc-tech] browser woes

Joe Futrelle futrelle at shout.net
Mon Jan 13 22:30:49 CST 2003

At 3:52 PM -0500 1/12/2003, Clint Popetz wrote:
>On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 11:48:55AM -0600, Joe Futrelle wrote:
>>  OK, I still can't post from IE 5.2 under Mac OS 10.2.3.  I believe
>>  this is a browser issue, since I have no trouble posting from
>>  Netscape under Mac OS 10.2.3.
>>
>>  The behavior is that when I press the button to post or to preview my
>>  post, it just takes me back to the newswire.
>
>I have not forgotten you :)
>
>I just put in a fix that might make this work; can you give it a try?
>
>			Thanks,
>			-Clint

Didn't work. same behavior.

In the meantime Mac OS 10.2 users have yet another alternative;
Apple's own browser, Safari.  It doesn't have the same problem as IE
with posting articles.  I've switched to Safari because it crashes
less than IE (in spite of being a public beta!) and is faster.

FYI, I've been able to reproduce this problem with IE under 10.1.5
and 10.2.3 on two different Macs.  Until you fix this, you might want
to have the submission page detect the browser, and warn the user.

--
Joe Futrelle
Person